We get a lot of questions about JP Post's tracking updates - they're not as detailed and intuitive as some other foreign carriers, so we will do our best to explain what each tracking update means. The updates can be confusing sometimes, so we will do our best to explain each update to your tracking information!
1. Basic info about your package
At the top of the tracking page, you will see your package's tracking number and the shipping service used (EMS, ePacket, etc).
2. Tracking updates
You will see a number of different updates to your tracking information once JP Post has collected and processed the package from us. The different updates you may see are:
- Posting/Collection - your package has been picked up and scanned by JP Post.
- En route - The package is currently traveling within Japan to its next destination point.
- Arrival at outward office of exchange - the package has now been received at the import/export location and will be processed.
- Dispatch from outward office of exchange - the package has left the import/export location and is en route to the next destination.
- Item presented to import customs - the package is with customs and is awaiting processing.
- Item returned from import customs - customs has cleared your package and it is en route to the next destination.
- Processing at delivery Post Office/Item out for physical delivery - your package is being prepared for delivery and should be delivering soon.
- Final delivery - the package has been delivered.
- Retention / Item held at delivery depot or delivery office - the package is awaiting further action from you (contact information, awaiting pickup, customs charges). This can happen if customs or the post needs additional delivery to process your package, or if a failed delivery attempt has been made. Contact your local post immediately to figure out what the next steps are to have your order delivered.
3. Some considerations
ONCE YOUR PACKAGE ARRIVES IN YOUR COUNTRY, PLEASE CHECK THE TRACKING TOOL OF YOUR LOCAL POST (SAME TRACKING NUMBER) TO GET MORE DETAILED TRACKING INFORMATION.
If you see the "item was not found" message, it means your package has likely not been picked up yet. If you still this message after 72 hours from when the package was shipped, please contact us.